How to Give your Bedroom a FaceliftRoom's design
You know you should. You kind of want to. It’s a huge hassle, and a lot of work, but changing your room may just be the change you need in your life. As spring arrives, it’s time for some spring cleaning. Here is a step-by-step guide to give your bedroom a well-deserved facelift.
The importance of de-cluttering can’t be overstated. We tend to hoard things for various reasons, but the psychological benefits of getting rid far outweigh the security of holding on. Clutter is not only distracting visually, it is scientifically proven to stress us more, not to mention taking up space! Some companies, like GM even enforce “clean desk” policies to ensure the efficiency of their employees.
Giving your unused items to charity can be an immediate feel-good way to de-clutter, but don’t forget that you can make some extra money by selling them. The money you can get can even go towards your room’s facelift.
Now that you’ve gotten rid of the things you don’t need, it’s time to organize the things you do.
De-cluttering and organized closets are fashionable, so there are a number of styles and methods available: it’s not necessary to buy white plastic tubs for everything! Go online to get inspired, or ask your friends how they store their things. If you have extra cash from selling your clutter, allocate a budget for organizing and decorating your room.
You don’t have to buy a whole new collection of furniture to re-vamp your room. Simply re-arranging your furniture can be enough to change the atmosphere. Whether or not you believe in feng shui, the practice has some handy tips for giving your bedroom a new feel.
Some useful tips include making your bed approachable from three sides, selecting relaxing colors like blues and greens for your decoration, and leaving the TV and computer out of your bedroom, all of which are said to help you sleep more peacefully at night.
From a throw pillow to a wall pattern, decorative accents are an inexpensive, easy way to complete your bedroom’s facelift. Here is where you can let your imagination run wild—it’s your bedroom, so customize it!
Paint a wall a different color, put artwork on the walls, or add a mirror to maximize light. Again, the web has fantastic resources for inspiring your re-decoration, and remember that decorating doesn’t necessarily have to be a massive operation: something as simple as a reversible comforter allows you to change your pattern based on your mood.
Try and look at your room as a work in progress rather than a finished product: weekly de-cluttering means that you won’t have to deal with gargantuan tasks once a year. Change the decorations from time to time, or buy flowers once a week to add a touch of fragrance and natural beauty to your room, and you can keep your bedroom’s facelift going for a long time.
- No CommentsEven if you’ve been traveling for years, there’s always room for improvement. Traveling is more than just packing your bags, carefully choosing your OOTDs and making sure you make it to the airport before boarding. While most people think that …
- No CommentsWho we are? Decorative Concrete Delray Beach are one of the top raking contractors at Delray Beach and providing the services to our clients for last many years. We don’t want to let down the hopes of our clientele therefore our …
- No CommentsAre you ready to renovate your home? Than start renovate your floor first. We provide you the best floor options for renovations. The installation of stained concrete is one of the best option for renovation. We provide you the best …
- No CommentsBackpacking around the world is an unparalleled opportunity, you’ll see amazing sights, do incredible things and eat wonderful foods. However, for the ‘real’ backpacking experience, you need to stay in a hostel. Booking private rooms with an en suite bathroom just won’t …
- No CommentsMexico is a dazzling, vibrant and wonderful country to visit and if you are planning a trip there, then you will need to think very carefully about which areas to prioritize. With so much to see, it is best to …